1. I’m taking on a new role at work, as the “Interim CAO (Chief Administrative Officer)” for my new boss. It’s good because it’s giving me experience on the financial side, which is the one thing I’m missing if I ever want to move into a management position. It’s difficult because I’m still running two pretty large projects, and struggling a bit to split my time efficiently. It’s awesome because after the first of the year, she’ll have an open req to permanently fill the position, and by that point I’ll have a really good idea of whether I want to take it on full-time, or stay within Project Management. It’s pretty much the perfect way for me to “try it out” and see how it goes.
1.2. Justin also has some things happening at work, but not that I can talk about just yet. His include some changes for us that will take some getting used to, but overall it’ll be a good thing for him, and us.
2. On the fertility front, things seem to be getting a little better, though it’s hard to tell. I’m still off all the medications, but acupuncture seems to be helping things function correctly. It’s funny how easily my acupuncturist can tell how my week has been going. Yesterday when I was there, I told her my temperatures have been out of whack the last few days, and she asked me if anything was stressing me out. (spoiler alert, it was). Then she asked me to stick my tongue out (this is normal hah) and said “Wow, you ARE really stressed this week. Stop thinking about all that stuff and get back on the right page.” Everyone always says stress is a huge factor, but it wasn’t until something major happened this week, and I saw how it made everything fluctuate, that I realized just how true that statement is. Luckily that thing that had me all out of whack ended up being just fine, and the stress of it is gone now!
3. We’re finally getting ready for our big roadtrip to Florida! We’ll be gone for 12 days, making a pit-stop in Raleigh to visit some friends, spending a few days in Tallahassee to visit my dad, and then heading to Orlando for Harry Potter World and Disney. We’re hoping to squeeze in some beach time at some point, and Justin’s on a mission to get some good chicken and waffles somewhere in the south. Surprisingly, I’m most excited for the car ride! I’m already downloading some new tunes, choosing between a few books on tape, and making a grocery list of all the best easy-to-eat-in-the-car food!
4. This weekend will be spent welcoming back some fall traditions while still trying to squeeze in every last bit of summer. The first Pitt Football game of the season is tomorrow, which brings with it tailgating, stadium snacks, and my personal favorite, the cheerleaders and dance team (Yes, I secretly wish I had been a cheerleader in high school!) We also have plans to attend the last Cinema in the Park of the summer, and will spend the holiday with family, swimming at Jut’s brother’s house. Every moment in between will be spent getting the house ready for our 3rd Annual Dunmyre End of Summer Bash. I cannot believe it’s time for that already!
5. In case you missed it on Facebook or Twitter, Justin and I are participating in this year’s Miracle Marathon in honor of our buddy Ryder! Our team is “Ryder’s Rockstars”, and we’d love for you to join us! It’s not a full marathon run, just one mile per day for 27 days, and an extra mile on the last day. You can walk, run, bike, or move in any way you want, wherever you are! Help us raise money for the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, or your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. It’s a great cause, and we’re excited to be a part of it!